The U.S. leads the world in ice cream consumption, averaging 26 liters of ice cream per person consumed per year. Though a cheesecake-filled frozen dessert can be delicious, it’s not exactly the healthiest option. Luckily, there are paletas that are both healthy and delicious!
It’s about knowing what to avoid. When enjoying a few paletas on a hot summer day, it’s best to opt for flavors that do not contain gluten. It’s easier than it sounds, too. You can find some of the best ice creams in Miami that looks good, is good for you, and tastes incredible.
Healthy ice cream in Miami
Let’s take a look at some of the surprising benefits of enjoying a few gluten-free paletas:
- Promotes digestive health — Since your small intestine is an integral part of your wellbeing, cutting out gluten will surely help your body absorb healthy nutrients as you eat.
- Lower stress levels — Gluten-intolerant patients have often reported high anxiety and depression levels. Opting for gluten-free paletas and avoiding this unhealthy substance can decrease irritability and help you get some much-needed rest at the end of the day.
- Increases energy levels — A big pile of gluten can sure be tasty, but it definitely comes at a cost. If you consume too much gluten, your energy levels will likely take a hit. In fact, chronic fatigue is one of the most common complaints of people suffering from gluten intolerance (Celiac). By avoiding gluten, your gut, which is the key to your overall health, can be in good shape and give you a significant energy boost!
- Reduces inflammation — If you cut back on gluten, you’ll be preventing the immune response from inflaming your small intestine tissues, subsequently eliminating severe issues related to inflammation, including diarrhea, vomiting, cramping, and bloating.
- Fights viruses — Avoiding gluten can help you ward off viruses and germs. Instead, you’ll be receiving plenty of healthy antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Healthier skin and hair — Eating too much gluten can lead to skin rashes, eczema, and even psoriasis. Cutting gluten out of your diet will help you enjoy much clearer, healthier, and itch-free skin!
Disclosure: Always consult your physician before consuming foods that might affect any particular dietary restriction. The statements contained in this blog post are for informational purposes only and have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product and any information published here is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition.